The property layout and the large barn (built in 2004) were designed for ease of boarding and managing horses and to minimize labour. The features include:
- Large 17 stall, 7,300 square foot barn was built in 2004.
- Inside the barn is a wash stall, lab for breeding and health issues, hot and cold water, passive barn ventilation system, feed room, mechanical room, internet and TV connections, CCTV system with 4 cameras. Manure is managed with a purpose built manure pit.
- The original 100+ year old farm barn is still in use – a large 2,000 square foot wood pegged bank barn which has been upgraded and is used to store hay and straw. A workshop is attached to the barn.
- A smaller 600 square feet 3 horse stall barn was built in 2000
- The 2,700 square foot loafing barn/run-in accommodates hay storage and equipment storage A unique feature of the large barn is the 1 bedroom apartment (air conditioned) over the office with a wrap-around balcony offering a spectacular view of the farm.
- All the fences were built new in 2004 when the property was divided into the current layout of 9 paddocks, including an isolation paddock and 4 smaller paddocks near the main barn. Most paddocks have a run-in.
Horse Breeding, Boarding & Riding
The property has 2 main uses – breeding and boarding and trail riding
Breeding and Boarding
Stall sizes range from 10’ x 10’ for boarding to 10’ x 15’ for foaling. The foaling stalls have a CCTV system piped into the barn office and the house. The lab has a chute for a mature horse plus a smaller chute for the babies.
The property is a horse rider’s dream come true. The Ganaraska Forest is located within 1.5k of the farm and is easily accessible. Once you arrive at the Forest you have your choice of over 100 kilometres of maintained trails spread over 11,000 acres. The Forest is underutilized and your chance of meeting another person and horse is remote.
The trails are constantly groomed and cleared of debris on a regular basis. The Forest is segmented with a specific area for horses and humans and a defined area for motorized vehicles.